Central Carolina Hospital Appoints New Members to Governing Board
June 30, 2016
Central Carolina Hospital (CCH) today announced the appointment of four new members to its Board of Trustees: Paul Heimbecker, M.D.; Steven Jurisich, M.D.; Paul Mosca, M.D.; and Ayaz Pathan, M.D. Working with hospital leadership, the board will play a vital role in moving the organization forward following the January 2016 acquisition by Duke LifePoint Healthcare.
"These individuals are exceptional physician leaders, and I am confident they will bring valuable perspectives to our hospital board," said John Maxwell, chief executive officer of Central Carolina Hospital. "CCH has been a community partner for many years, and the appointment of these new physician members is reflective of the hospital's continued commitment to the community as we take the next step to advance healthcare in the region as part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare."
The Governing Board of Central Carolina Hospital will help execute the hospital's strategic plan and ensure that CCH continues to provide the highest quality care to the people of Sanford. The 11-member board is comprised of the following community and physician leaders:
- Cindy Ammons, CENTURY 21 Southern Realty
- Cleo Blue, Blue Associates LLC
- Paul Heimbecker, M.D., Advanced Care For Women
- Bob Joyce, Sanford Area Growth Alliance
- Steven Jurisich, M.D., Central Carolina Surgery
- Paul Mosca, M.D., Associate Professor of Surgery at Duke University Medical Center
- Bill Murphy, Rodeco Co.
- Ayaz Pathan, M.D., Apollo MD-Emergency Medicine
- Jerry Pedley, Mertek Solutions Inc.
- David Spivey, Jones Printing
- John Wittenborn, M.D., Mid Carolina Radiology Associates
About Central Carolina Hospital
Central Carolina Hospital, a DukeLifepoint Hospital, is a 137-bed acute care hospital that serves the health care needs of Lee County and surrounding communities. With over 120 physicians, the hospital offers a wide range of specialties including cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, pediatrics, hospitalist services, internal medicine, nephrology, hematology, urology, podiatry, dentistry, pulmonary medicine, and wound care. Hospital services include emergency room, physical and occupational therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging and radiology, inpatient and outpatient surgery, dialysis, maternity services, nutritional counseling by clinical dietitians, and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Central Carolina Hospital was reaccredited by the Joint Commission for a 3-year period in May 2015.
Committed to providing quality care to the community, the hospital has earned numerous disease-specific quality designations:
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure, January 2015
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke, January 2015
- Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Heart Failure, June 2015
- Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Certification, March 2015
- Joint Commission Certification for Chest Pain, December 2015
- Healogics Center of Distinction for Wound Care, February2016